After another cold night it was an early start as we aimed to reach our highest camp of the trip before crossing a col tomorrow and starting our descent into another valley. We knew that the crossing of the col would be the most challenging part of the whole trek so we needed to be in a good position if the weather was in our favour.
In the bright sunshine we walked through an increasingly rugged landscape. One section of the walk was particularly exposed but we did manage to get a phone signal at one of the bends in the path. The information wasn't good, poor weather was heading our way and above a certain level the precipitation would be falling as snow.
We spent the night in some huts but were concerned about the incoming poor weather so we decided to get up before dawn ensuring that we were ready to head towards lower pastures at first light.
Just above where we camped the previous 2 nights and preparing for the first section of uphill of the day. The peak behind is the one we had climbed the day before.
Some distant views of the Indian Himalaya's as we walked along some broad ridges. The temperature had been modified by the altitude, resulting in perfect walking conditions.
One of the few steeper sections. Just before starting this ascent there was plenty of evidence of bears in the area although unfortunately we didn't see any.
Traversing towards are high camp. Small patches of snow indicated the weather conditions of a few days previously. Just before this position we had manged to get a mobile phone signal so were able to check the weather forecast. It was not good.
There was a feeling that we were at the heart of some significant mountains.
Just below our high point of 3907 metres. We knew that this would be our last night at this altitude. We were due to go over a col tomorrow, which required further ascent but in light of the weather forecast we were heading downhill in the morning.
Looking down on the huts where we were going to spend the night.
Celebrating Maureen's birthday before going to bed early. We were due to get up at 5.45 the following morning, with the potential for it to be quite a hard day.