Sunday, October 02, 2011

Some Aerial Shots

On a beautiful October morning I flew from Jersey to Gatwick, passing over some of the finest sea kayaking in the country at 17,000 feet.  Clearly I would rather be on the water but this was an excellent second best.
 Just after take off the north coast of Jersey comes into view.  What a day for exploring the caves at Greve de Lecq.
 Belle Hougue the tallest headland on the Island and my favourite tidal race looks particularly attractive today.
 Alderney, the most northerly of the Channel Islands, is know for its spectacular tidal races but today all looked calm.
 
Approaching the Isle of Wight, the Needles are clearly visible.
St Catherine's Point.  I have never paddled here but it is on my list of places to visit.
Looking across the Island towards Calshot Spit
Portsmouth Harbour.

No comments: